No RSS feed?
Some of you may be wondering why this site doesn't have an RSS feed. (It used to.) Well, it's a FreeServers.com thing. I guess that they distrust .xml files and don't want to let them download. I found someone else's blog where they report that FreeServers' management thinks that .xml files constitute a security risk. (It may have more to do with keeping the free sites from dishing up content without the ad banners showing. We pay for this site, but I guess they didn't want to do the work necessary to remove this restriction from us paying customers.) Sorry about that. The next best thing would be to just bookmark this page.
An Update: Got the FreeServers.com end of things figured out. (You have to allow remote file access, for those of you beating your brains out searching for an answer. However, if you have lots of image files, for example, that you don't want stolen by cross-posters, then perhaps RSS isn't for you.) Now I have to get the Blogger.com end worked out. It claims to be publishing the RSS feed, but nothing happens.
An Update: Got the FreeServers.com end of things figured out. (You have to allow remote file access, for those of you beating your brains out searching for an answer. However, if you have lots of image files, for example, that you don't want stolen by cross-posters, then perhaps RSS isn't for you.) Now I have to get the Blogger.com end worked out. It claims to be publishing the RSS feed, but nothing happens.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home