Off-topic but...
I'm guessing that a lot of you who visit this site are self-described "gun nuts". As proud gun nuts, you should able to spot something fishy with this photo from AFP and its caption...
I knew that we had some tough troops serving in Iraq, but I had no idea that they were inserting the bullets manually. That's tough!
Hat tip: The Autonomist and Instapundit.
Iraq on Yahoo! News Photos
OK... For our non-gun nut visitors: Those are unfired rounds. Do you see the little, copper, pointy things at the end of the "bullets". Those are the bullets; the rest of the assemblies she's holding are the cases, the primers, and the unburned gunpowder inside. The brass case holds the whole thing together and is ejected out the side of the rifle when it's fired. The part that goes out the barrel and applies the hurt to the target is the little, copper, pointy bit at the end. The only way these cartridges hit her house is if the troops threw them at her!
An elderly Iraqi woman shows two bullets which she says hit her house following an early coalition forces raid in the predominantly Shiite Baghdad suburb of Sadr City. At least 175 people were slaughtered on Tuesday and more than 200 wounded when four suicide truck bombs targeted people from an ancient religious sect in northern Iraq, officials said.(AFP/Wissam al-Okaili)
I knew that we had some tough troops serving in Iraq, but I had no idea that they were inserting the bullets manually. That's tough!
Hat tip: The Autonomist and Instapundit.
Iraq on Yahoo! News Photos
Powered by ScribeFire.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home